Your wedding is supposed to be one of the most memorable events of your life. Unfortunately, it can also be one of the more expensive. No matter how much planning and penny pinching you do, there are a lot of things that you cannot have a wedding without. Thankfully, there are a lot party rental stores that specialize in supplying things that people need for their wedding. You likely already know that you can rent things like tables and chairs for the reception or a temporary tent for a shelter, but there are many other things that you can find for rent as well. Here are five items you can rent for your wedding that you may be surprised to discover.
1. Dinnerware and Service Utensils - Finding enough dinnerware to serve hundreds of guests can cost you a fortune, and then you will be stuck with plates and silverware that you may never use again. What you may not know is that you can usually rent everything you need to serve your guests from the glasses for champagne to the napkin holders you need for the linens.
2. Flowers and Floral Arrangements - The average wedding planner will spend more than $1,500 on flowers and floral arrangements, which is a steep price to pay when you are trying to save money for other things. You can rent many of the floral decorations for your wedding, including bridal bouquets and vined arrangements for your wedding arch.
3. Your Wedding Dress - Most brides pay on average more than $1,200 for their dress. There are wedding rental shops that actually do rent bridal gowns and other additional apparel you will need for your wedding.
4. The Wedding Cake - This one may sound a bit strange, but it is a newer trend in the wedding industry to actually rent your cake. The average wedding cake will run you somewhere around $500. This of course would be an elaborately decorated, stacked or tiered cake. However, you could just rent a cake, created from Styrofoam to look like the real thing, and serve everyone inexpensive sheet cake instead.
5. Jewelry - With several maids of honor, a bride, and flower girl in the wedding party, you could easily spend a small fortune on jewelry for the big day. You can actually rent fine or costume jewelry from several locations, including many jewelry stores.
When it comes down to it, you may be quite amazed at just how much you can actually rent for your wedding. Check with a local wedding or party rental company (such as Ken Rent) to see just how much money you could save.